Click below link to know about the event
Hi-Tech Yantras 2014 – The Project Exhibition & Inauguration Of Industry-Instutute Interaction Cell – Main
Better interaction between Technical institutions and industry is the need of the hour. This will have great bearing on the Engineering Curriculum, exposure of industrial atmosphere to engineering students and subsequent placement of young graduating engineers in industries across the country. With the advent of globalization and opening up of Indian economy to outside world, competition among industries have become stiff. To solve their engineering problems they look up now to engineering Institutions. Similarly, there is an urgent need to prepare engineering students for jobs in multinational companies, by exposing them to newer technologies and engineering methodologies. These objectives can only be achieved well by bridging the gap between industry and the academic institute.
To Promote Industry – Institute Interaction Following Schemes Are Being Undertaken
- Establishment of Industry-Institute Partnership /interaction Cell.
- Organizing Workshops, conferences and symposia with joint participation of the faculty and the industries.
- Encouraging engineers from industry to visit Engineering Institution to deliver lectures.
- Participation of experts from industry in curriculum development.
- Arranging visits of staff members to various industry
- Professional consultancy by the faculty to industries.
- Industrial testing by faculty & technicians at site or in laboratory.
- Joint research programmes and field studies by faculty and people from industries.
- Visits of faculty to industry for study and discussions or delivering lectures on subjects of mutual interest.
- Visits of industry executives and practising engineers to the Institute for seeing research work and laboratories, discussions and delivering lectures on industrial practices, trends and experiences.
- Memoranda of Understanding between the Institute and industries to bring the two sides emotionally and strategically closer.
- Human resource development programmes by the faculty for practising engineers.
- Collaborative open elective for final year students.
- B.E. projects work in industries under joint guidance of the faculty and experts from industry.
- Short-term assignment to faculty members in industries.
- Visiting faculty/professors from industries.
- Professorial Chairs sponsored by industries at the Institute.
- R&D Laboratories sponsored by industries at the Institute.
- Scholarships/fellowships instituted by industries at the Institute for students.
- Practical training of students in industries.